Add HTML into a Report (Report Builder and SSRS)
Song Nghia - Technical Consultant
Using a placeholder, you can import HTML from a field in your dataset for use in the report. By default, a placeholder represents plain text, so you will need to change the placeholder mark-up type to HTML. For more information, see Importing HTML into a Report (Report Builder and SSRS).
To add HTML from a field in your dataset into a text box
- On the Insert tab, click List. Click the design surface, and then drag to create a box that is the size you want.The Dataset Properties dialog box opens. You can use a shared dataset or a dataset embedded in your report. For more information, click Dataset Properties Dialog Box, Query (Report Builder) or Dataset Properties Dialog Box, Query.
- On the Insert tab, click Text Box. Click in the list, and then drag to create a box that is the size you want.
- Drag an HTML field from your dataset into the text box. A placeholder is created for your field.
- Right-click the placeholder, and then click Placeholder Properties.
- On the General tab, verify that the Value box contains an expression that evaluates to the field you dropped in step 3.
- Click HTML - Interpret HTML tags as styles. This causes the field to be evaluated as HTML.
- Click OK.